Thursday, March 1, 2012

Contact Me ... why?

Okay one of the things that bugs me about 'Contact' pages is that most of the time you will only get the opportunity to email the business using their contact form.  ARRR!!!

And now I know its not only me, Mel from Billycart Markets feels the same way.


Personally I like to email someone using my own email address, this way I can keep track of my emails, I know what I have originally sent, and if need be I can attach an image.

What if someone wanted to call you about placing a large order that day?  How can they do that if you don't give them a way of contacting you?

What if it was a market organiser, like Mel from Billycart Markets, offering you a spot at her next market because she thinks you rock?

What if they want to follow you on Twitter or  Facebook?

What if they wanted to check out your style on Pinterest?


If you don't give them this information 
then how can they do this?  

Forms are fine.  I have a form on my own page.  They are easy to use and a great way of contacting a business but I personally believe that you need to offer more than one way to contact your business.  

By going to your 'Contact' page they have indicated that they are interested in your business. Take this opportunity to connect with them further by providing links to your twitter or facebook accounts.  Better still, give them the opportunity to sign up to your newsletter.

Its a contact page - provide ALL of your contact information.


Example of a good contact page.  Source: Hand-Made.com.au 

Here is a short list of things that you could include:

  • Short intro
  • Provide contact information - contact name, address, email address, web address, phone number
  • Social Media links - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc
  • Location - city and country
My rant is now over ... now go to your contact page and update it. Oh and if you don't have one, go and create one NOW.


Further Reading:
91 Trendy Contact And Web Forms For Creative Inspiration




About the Contributor: 
Christine is a Wife and a Mum of 3.  She is the owner of C Percy Designs, the co-editor of the Handmade Cooperative - Australian Handmade 4 Kids and is a little obsessed with all things crochet and not Pinterest.

To find out more about Christine go to her blog - cpercydesigns.blogspot.com or follow her on Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. oh my Christine! Its so lovely to stumble across this post with our contact form :)

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to surprise people with secret inclusions. You have a great contact page, one you should be proud of. Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on the {CHA}