Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Making Collages using Pixlr.com

In 2012 we saw Picnik close its doors.  At that time Jeanie from Inspired Wish and I decided to check out and report on what alterative online photo editing tools were out there.

As part of that series we checked out Pixlr.  At the time of our review Pixlr Express did not have a collage feature.   In June 2012 a collage feature was introduced (though I've only just found out about it today).



Of late I've been using PicMonkey.com and ipiccy.com to quickly and easily make collages when using my computer but I think I'll be moving over to Pixlr Express as they offer more collage options.



I've been using Pixlr-o-matic on my smart phone ever since Aymie from Whimsy Art Photography told me about it.  I've been using it to jazz up my instagram photos but today I've downloaded the Pixlr Express App.  It boasts that the big difference between the two apps is that "you are in control, you decide on the intensity of the effects as well as the ability to rotate and flip the overlays and borders to fit your image better".  I'll have a play with it and I'll let you know what I think.


I'm keen to see if they offer a collage feature within Smart Phone app as this would be very handy for instagram users and for many of us who are using our phone to capture images for our online businesses.

What do you use to create collages? 




Further Reading: 
Review - Pixlr
Making Collages after picnik closes. 







About the Contributor: 
Christine is a Wife and a Mum of 3.  She is the owner of C Percy Designs and the Editor of The Contemporary Handmade Alliance.  She is also the Editor of the Handmade Cooperative - Australian Handmade 4 Kids and is a little obsessed with all things crochet. 
To find out more about Christine go to her blog or follow her on Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Loved Picnik and moved over to Pic Monkey , but will def try Pixlr as I do love a good collage. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on the {CHA}