Monday, April 15, 2013

'NO' isn't a dirty word

Source: Pinterest via 24.media.tumblr.com
'NO' isn't a dirty word. In the past I would bend over backwards for customers and sometimes I would make items which were not within my defined scope.

A while back I've decided to give saying 'NO' ago.   And with that I realised that saying 'No' wasn't a bad thing, in fact this word that is commonly thought of in the negative turned out to be a positive for my business.

Saying 'No' has enabled me to focus on what I want to make, what type and quality of yarns I want to use.  It has helped me to be creative and decisive.

Sure I have lost some sales because I've said "No" but the eventual cost of saying no has paid huge dividends.




"No I won't copy that beanie"

"No I'm not going to make that in cheaper low quality yarn"

"No I'm not going to sell it for less than what it is worth"

Saying no has helped my business to grow and thrive.

So next time someone makes a request that doesn't feel right say "No", because you are in fact saying YES to keeping your brand integrity and YES to spending time doing what you want to do.





About the Contributor: 
Christine is a Wife and a Mum of 3.  She is the owner of C Percy Designs and the Editor of The Contemporary Handmade Alliance.  She is also the Editor of the Handmade Cooperative - Australian Handmade 4 Kids and is a little obsessed with all things crochet. 
To find out more about Christine go to her blog or Like her on Facebook.


This post was originally posted on C Percy Designs blog. 

1 comment:

  1. You are so right Christine. I also say no to people that are rude or just don't seem to get me or have a bad attitude. I just don't want to work with people like that, there are too many wonderful fabulous people out there that I'd rather be with.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on the {CHA}